Terms and conditions
France Montgolfières Balloon Company Terms & Conditions
1. Tickets must be bought online, by telephone or in person at our booking office or from one of our appointed agents.
2. This contract is made with you but you can give the France Montgolfières balloon flight experience to someone else as a gift provided you inform us when you make the booking. These Terms & Conditions will refer to that person.
3. It is our intention that all terms of the contract between us are contained in these terms and conditions. If you purchase a ticket through an agent or a hotel you agree to these terms with us and not with the agent or the hotel. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you should contact us immediately.
Our obligations to you:
1. The ticket will entitle you to a flight to be arranged within 12 months of purchase and includes:
• Preparation and inflation of the balloon for flight
• A flight in a hot air balloon
• A celebratory balloonist toast after the flight
• The recovery of the balloon
2. Our prices :
All ticket prices quoted are per person, including VAT and insurance except the Billet Couple which is per-two people.
Note: Exchange rate fluctuations for international payments are unavoidable. All monies refunded are in Euros, and will reflect the exchange rate in effect on the date of the refund. France Montgolfieres is not responsible for changes in exchange rates.
3. Flight cancellation :
a) Hot Air balloon fights are completely dependent on weather and only the pilot has responsibility to decide whether a flight goes ahead. We reserve the right to cancel a flight due to a unsuitable weather forcast or unsuitable weather conditions at any time up to the moment of take-off, or if the flight does not has the minimum number of passegners required. We do not accept liability for any costs or expenses you incur if we have to cancel a flight.
b) The ticket will remain valid for the period of 1 year from the date of issue. If you have made 4 attempts and your ticket expires due to bad weather conditions it will be renewed without charge for another year. NB the accommodation in the Prestige Package cannot be cancelled if the flight does not take place.
4. Boarding policy :
Clients must be in possession of a valid ticket issued by France Montgolfières Balloon Company in order to board our balloons. As a passenger flight operator, we are bound by the conditions of the Warsaw Convention. Our pilots have final responsibility of a flight and has complete discretion as to whether to allow you to board the balloon basket. You will be refused boarding if in the pilot’s opinion you would be a risk to the balloon or to the passengers or to yourself.
5. Flight policy :
As balloon flights are weather dependent we cannot guarantee a flight will follow any particular direction. It is our intention that the balloon will be in the air for approximately 1 hour but the pilot has ultimate responsibility for deciding the duration and conduct of any flight and the appropriate time and place of any landing. Flights are undertaken within the limitations of VFR (Visual Flight Rules, as defined by the regulations of the French Civil Aviation Authority (DGAC) France Montgolfières Balloon Company is fully recognised by the French Civil Aviation Authority for the commercial transport of passengers by decree of December 2nd 1997.
6. Insurance :
Civil liability insurance is included in the price ticket for each passenger. The level of insurance is in accordance with international agreements covering air transportation required by the Warsaw Convention. We will not be liable for any loss or damage to equipment and personal effects including clothing brought with you on the flight nor for death or personal injury above the level of our insurance cover unless it has been caused by our recklessness. If you do not consider the amount of insurance cover would be adequate to compensate you for any loss whether for death, personal injury or damage to your belongings you should take out your own additional cover.
7. Sub-contractors :
In each of our flight regions, we reserve the right to sub-contract flights to companies under contract with France Montgolfières Balloon Company. All our partner companies are recognised by the French Civil Aviation Authority.
Your obligations to us:
1. Your ticket is valid for twelve months from date of issue. You must make a minimum of 4 attempts to confirm you flight date with our central reservation office within this period otherwise your ticket will automatically expire. If you have made fewer than 4 attempts and your ticket expires you will be able to renew it for an extra year at an additional charge of €35 per ticket. All tickets older than 2 years are considered invalid. Please note the flying season lasts from April – October.
a) Individual clients – if payment was not made in full when the ticket was purchased the balance must be made 10 days before the first date for which you have booked your flight.
b) Groups - of 10 people or more, ticket bookings must be confirmed by email or fax together with a 30% deposit. The balance of the total price is due, at latest, 15 days before the flight date. Total price due will be based on the number of participants listed at 15 days prior to flight date.
3. Flight confirmation:
In order to confirm the flight, you must telephone the contact number 24 hours prior the scheduled take-off time, (details are found on the ticket confirmation letter) to confirm weather conditions are suitable for flying.
a) Individual clients - you may cancel your flight up to 72 hours prior to take-off time provided you re-schedule your flight within one month of cancellation. If you cancel within 72 hours of flying time or are not present at the scheduled take-off site you are not entitled to a rescheduled flight of a refund. Tickets are not refundable with the exception of the FREE CHOICE ticket which has cancellation insurance included.
b) Groups - the deposit is refundable in full if cancellation is made up to 30 days prior to the flight. If a cancellation is made 15 – 30 days prior to the flight date 50% of the deposit will be refunded however, if less than 15 days notice of cancellation is given the total amount is retained by France Montgolfières Balloon Company except if the tickets have cancellation insurance. (Available on request).
5. Medical conditions:
We are not qualified to confirm your fitness to fly. It is your responsibility to ensure you are fit to fly. You must not fly if you are suffering from any serious medical condition or have recently undergone surgery unless you have been issued with a doctor’s certificate stating you are fit to fly. You must not fly if you are pregnant or under the influence of drink or drugs.
6. Children :
We will not fly children under the age of 6 years. A child under the age of 12 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
You should wear appropriate clothing as is advised to you in advance of the flight in our literature.
Notice: If the passenger’s journey involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure the Warsaw Convention may be applicable and the Convention governs and in most cases limits the liability of carriers for death or personal injury and in respect of loss of or damage to baggage. See also notice headed “Advice to International Passengers on Limitation of Liabilities”.
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
1. As used in this contract “ticket” means this passenger ticket and baggage check, of which these conditions and the notices form part, “carriage” is equivalent to “transportation”, “carrier” means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage, “WARSAW CONVENTION” means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, 12th October 1929, or that Convention as amended at The Hague, 28th September 1955, whichever may be applicable.
2. Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention unless such carriage is not “international carriage as defined in the Convention”. Nevertheless, within France, in virtue of articles L.321-3 and L322-3 of the French Civil Aviation Code, carrier’s liability is governed by the Warsaw Convention an every convention modifying it and applicable in France, even whenever transportation is not international according to meaning of this convention.
3. To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to : (I) provisions contained in this ticket, (II) applicable tariffs, (III) carrier’s conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of the carrier).
4. Carrier’s name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, regulations or time tables : carrier’s address shall written on this ticket.
5. Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.
6. In case of damage to personal effects or baggage complaint must be made in writing to carrier forthwith after discovery of the damage.
7. This ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided in this ticket, in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, or related regulations. The fare for carriage hereunder is subject to change prior to commencement of carriage. Carrier may refuse transportation if the applicable fare has not been paid.
8. Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger with reasonable dispatch. For meteorological reasons the days and times on this ticket are subject to alteration without prior notice. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft and may alter take off point shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making free road connections before or after a flight.
9. Passenger shall comply with the time and the place fixed by carried.
10. No agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of the contract.
Carrier reserves the right to refuse carriage to any person who has acquired a ticket in violation of applicable law or carrier’s tariffs, rules or regulations.
ADVISE TO INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS ON LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Passengers on a journey are advised that the provisions of a treaty known as the Warsaw Convention may be applicable to the entire journey. Liability of the carrier for death or personal injury to passengers is limited in all cases to the equivalent of 100 000 SDR with a maximum of 114 400 Euros per passenger. Additional protection can usually be obtained by purchasing insurance from a private company. Such insurance is not affected by any limitation of the carrier’s liability under the Warsaw Convention or such special contracts of carriage. For further information, please consult your carrier or your insurance company.
NOTICE OF BAGGAGE OR PERSONAL EFFECTS LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
Liability for loss, delay, or damage to baggage or personal effects is limited unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. The liability limit is US $20.000 per kilo. Excess valuation may not be declared on certain types of articles. The carrier assumes no liability for fragile or valuable articles. Further information may be obtained from the carrier.